Dymatize Super Mass Gainer is a weight gainer protein powder designed for hardgainers. Each box is 12lbs. Flavors include: Berry & Cream, Cookies & Cream, Gourmet Vanilla and Hardcore Chocolate.
The following information is for Gourmet Vanilla: Serving size: 2 heaping scoops (334g).
- 16 servings
- 1280 calories, 72 calories from fat
- 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 2g trans fat
- 50g protein
- 252g carbohydrates
- 39g sugar
Read more »
Serious Mass by Optimum is a weight gaining protein powder specially formulated for us hardgainers. After doing a bunch of research on which is the best weight gainer, I decided to buy Serious Mass. First, the facts:
- 1,250 calories per serving in water; 1,630 calories when made with low fat milk.
- 50 Grams of protein from a combination of faster and slower digesting sources including Whey, casein, and Egg.
- 250-plus grams of carbohydrates to support fueling of intense workouts and aid in the replenishment of glycogen stores – with no added sugar.
- Enhanced with Creatine, L-glutamine & Glutamine Peptides, Choline, Inositol, PABA, and MCTs.
- 25 Vitamins & Essential Minerals with an emphasis on B-vitamins and Antioxidants.
Being a hardgainer, it is of the utmost importance that you supply your body with plenty of calories in order to gain muscle mass. There is no easier way to do that then by drinking weight gainer protein shakes specifically formulated for hardgainers to help you gain weight.
Before you buy any weight gainer, it’s important that you look at a few key nutritional facts:
Biological Value (BV)
First of all, know that BV isn’t listed under “Nutrition Facts.” The BV is a measurement of how well your body can use the protein, specifically, how fast your body gets to use the protein. For instance, a whey protein like whey isolate has a BV of 159 and is the most readily absorbed by the body. A milk protein like casein has a BV of 77 and absorbs more slowly. After a workout, you want your body to absorb the most protein, which is why whey protein shakes are so popular. However, if you want to drink a protein shake before bed and wake up more metabolic, eating a lower BV rated protein like casein will help you do that because it will be absorbed slowly.
See that guy to the left? Thats me, Xander. I created this website to share how I gained over 30 lbs by weight lifting, eating and using the right nutritional supplements. Here you will find honest supplement reviews, weight-gaining tips, workout routines, free PDFs and the best hardgainer workout programs on the internet.
No Nonsense Muscle Building
Your 6 Pack Quest
- Quick Review: Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- All Vince del Monte programs 50% until Midnight Wednesday
- I’m Taking the Challenge
- Lots of updates on the way!
- How to Cycle Creatine
Muscle Gaining Secrets
Help keep my website running! Any amount is appreciated, thanks!