Dymatize Super Mass Gainer is a weight gainer protein powder designed for hardgainers. Each box is 12lbs. Flavors include: Berry & Cream, Cookies & Cream, Gourmet Vanilla and Hardcore Chocolate.
The following information is for Gourmet Vanilla: Serving size: 2 heaping scoops (334g).
- 16 servings
- 1280 calories, 72 calories from fat
- 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 2g trans fat
- 50g protein
- 252g carbohydrates
- 39g sugar
Read more »
Weight gainer protein powders are perfect for hardgainers. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you’re wasting your time by drinking any type of protein shake other than a weight gainer. You already know you have a difficult time gaining weight, so why not make it easier on yourself?
Weight gainers have come a long whey (get it?) in recent years. They used to be chocked full of sugars and were basically empty calories. Not anymore. Here are some of the benefits of the top 5 best weight gainers listed below.
Benefits of weight gainers
- Packed with healthy calories
- Packed with high-quality whey protein
- Complex carbohydrates to replenish glycogen and fuel your workouts
- Contain vitamins and essential minerals
- Contain L-Glutamine to help rebuild muscle
- Contain BCAAs (Brainch Chain Amino Acids)
- Low in sugar
- Low in fat
Serious Mass by Optimum is a weight gaining protein powder specially formulated for us hardgainers. After doing a bunch of research on which is the best weight gainer, I decided to buy Serious Mass. First, the facts:
- 1,250 calories per serving in water; 1,630 calories when made with low fat milk.
- 50 Grams of protein from a combination of faster and slower digesting sources including Whey, casein, and Egg.
- 250-plus grams of carbohydrates to support fueling of intense workouts and aid in the replenishment of glycogen stores – with no added sugar.
- Enhanced with Creatine, L-glutamine & Glutamine Peptides, Choline, Inositol, PABA, and MCTs.
- 25 Vitamins & Essential Minerals with an emphasis on B-vitamins and Antioxidants.
Before I was aware of all the money I could be saving by shopping at Bodybuilding.com, I bought almost all of my protein, creatine, and other supplements at GNC. The power of the Gold Card was burning a hole in my pocket. (Ed. Note: You should never have to prepay for a card to get “deals”).
So earlier this year I walked into a GNC and bought a discounted 3 lb. tub of Nitro Core 24, and then got a second one half off. Here are the facts:
- 24 Grams Of Premium Blended Protein Per Scoop
- 200 calories per serving (1 scoop)
- 10 Distinct Protein Sources Provide Sustained-Release Action For A.M./P.M. Coverage
- 5 Grams Of Dietary Fiber To Help Keep You Full Longer
- Lipid Blend Supplies 4 Grams Of Omega 3,6 And 9 Fatty Acids Plus MCT’s
- Enzyme Fortified For Easier Digestion And Absorption
These rules are far and away the most important principles for any hardgainer to follow when trying to put on muscle mass.
I cannot stress this enough. When you are going to the gym you are essentially damaging your muscles. Muscles do not grow until you go home and eat and rest. Muscle fibers that are responsible for the most growth (type IIB muscle fibers) are stimulated by heavy weights. You should not be able to do many more than 4-8 repetitions before your muscles fail. By using lighter weights you are only making it more difficult on yourself.
Use free weights
Machines at the gym are becoming increasingly prominent, and as a result many people flock to them for their convenience. However, the gains from lifting free weights are greater because of their focus on multiple joints which target a range of muscle fibers, rather than isolating individual muscles.
As a hardgainer, getting the necessary amount of calories and protein is the most difficult part of gaining weight. Honestly, I highly doubt I would have gained over 30 lbs. if I would have used protein powders with only 300 calories (often less) per serving. I use Serious Mass and I recommend it to anyone looking to gain weight. And, for a limited time at Bodybuilding.com, you will receive a bottle of creatine powder FREE with your purchase.
That’s a 6 lb. tub of Serious Mass + the Micronized Creatine Powder for only $22.99! To get an idea of how good this deal really is, a 6 lb. tub of Serious Mass at GNC is $37.99. Throw in the creatine powder, and we are talking about savings of $21!
|LIMITED TIME OFFER!|
|For a limited time, buy Optimum Serious Mass, 6 Lbs. get a FREE Micronized Creatine Powder, 150 Grams! Hurry while supplies last!|
|Do NOT add free item to your cart.
Free item will be added automatically to your shipment.
See that guy to the left? Thats me, Xander. I created this website to share how I gained over 30 lbs by weight lifting, eating and using the right nutritional supplements. Here you will find honest supplement reviews, weight-gaining tips, workout routines, free PDFs and the best hardgainer workout programs on the internet.
No Nonsense Muscle Building
Your 6 Pack Quest
- Quick Review: Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- All Vince del Monte programs 50% until Midnight Wednesday
- I’m Taking the Challenge
- Lots of updates on the way!
- How to Cycle Creatine
Muscle Gaining Secrets
Help keep my website running! Any amount is appreciated, thanks!