Serious Mass by Optimum is a weight gaining protein powder specially formulated for us hardgainers. After doing a bunch of research on which is the best weight gainer, I decided to buy Serious Mass. First, the facts:
- 1,250 calories per serving in water; 1,630 calories when made with low fat milk.
- 50 Grams of protein from a combination of faster and slower digesting sources including Whey, casein, and Egg.
- 250-plus grams of carbohydrates to support fueling of intense workouts and aid in the replenishment of glycogen stores – with no added sugar.
- Enhanced with Creatine, L-glutamine & Glutamine Peptides, Choline, Inositol, PABA, and MCTs.
- 25 Vitamins & Essential Minerals with an emphasis on B-vitamins and Antioxidants.
- It’s inexpensive—only $40 for a 12lb bag. Look, whey protein can be costly. There are 2.5lb tubs of protein that cost just as much as a 12lb bag of Serious Mass. Serious Mass contains 16 servings per container, with a serving size equaling two heaping scoops (334g). I can’t stomach a full serving, so for me this bag really contains 32 servings. The scoops are huge, and I feel very full after drinking just one.
- It’s low in sugars—only 20g per serving. Since you should be drinking two protein shakes per day to put on weight (more on this later), you don’t want to be ingesting a bunch of sugar. Why? When you consume too much sugar, your body stores this excess “energy” as body fat. Some weight gainers contain in excess of 60g per serving!
- It’s low in total fat—only 4g per serving. Some weight gainers have upwards of 30g per serving! With Serious Mass, you can be sure you are drinking the minimal amount of fat.
- It’s packed protein—50g per serving. Protein is essential for building lean muscle. And since it contains a combination of faster and slower digesting sources including whey, casein, and egg, it is more effective than a single-source protein.
- Minimal gastrointestinal disturbances. One of the biggest problems with weight gainers is they cause you to run to the bathroom or break wind all the time. Serious Mass has been the easiest on my stomach.
- The vanilla flavor is a perfect base for adding other ingredients.
My Serious Mass bulking protein shake recipe
- 1 scoop Serious Mass (Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 2 ice cubes
- 10-12 ounces of water (or skim milk)
- 1 whole banana
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- Drizzle of honey
Blend the ingredients for about twenty seconds. Pour into your Bodybuilding Shake Bottle and enjoy.
The bottom line:
Within three weeks of buying a 12lb bag I gained five lbs! This stuff works, and unlike other weight gainers, you are not going to put on a bunch of fat. Plus, if you buy Serious Mass at Bodybuilding.com instead of GNC, you save $18!
5 Comments to “Serious Mass Review”
See that guy to the left? Thats me, Xander. I created this website to share how I gained over 30 lbs by weight lifting, eating and using the right nutritional supplements. Here you will find honest supplement reviews, weight-gaining tips, workout routines, free PDFs and the best hardgainer workout programs on the internet.
No Nonsense Muscle Building
Your 6 Pack Quest
- Quick Review: Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- All Vince del Monte programs 50% until Midnight Wednesday
- I’m Taking the Challenge
- Lots of updates on the way!
- How to Cycle Creatine
Muscle Gaining Secrets
Help keep my website running! Any amount is appreciated, thanks!