Being a hardgainer, you know you have to eat a lot to gain weight, but what foods are the best (and healthiest) for gaining weight?
It is essential that you follow a few simple dietary principles:
- Eat foods that are dense with calories.
- Eat foods that are rich in protein.
- Eat foods that have healthy fats.
- Nuts. Nuts meet all the above guidelines. Nuts are packed with calories, they contain unsaturated fatty acids and other nutrients, and contain plenty of protein. They are a great snack food. Also, they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which some studies suggest can lower your risk of heart disease.
- Lean Meat. Skinless chicken and turkey, salmon, lean beef, tuna, and lean pork are all healthy sources of protein. Red meat is also important, as it does contain plenty of calories and iron. However, you may want to substitute that rare steak for a chicken breast next time you dine out.
- Olive oil, olives, avocados. Not all fats are bad. These foods contain polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. Adding healthy fats to your diet can help you meet your caloric needs without having to eat large amounts of food.
- Eggs. How do you think Sylvester Stallone got so big in Rocky? By punching animal carcasses and drinking raw eggs! Eggs are packed with protein. They do contain cholesterol and saturated fat, so don’t be throwing down a dozen a day.
- Dried fruit. While it may not be as nutritious as fresh fruit, dried fruit, such as raisins and apple crisps, contain more calories and won’t fill you up as fast. Try snacking on some trail mix, which combines the delicious and nutritious power of nuts and dried fruit.
See that guy to the left? Thats me, Xander. I created this website to share how I gained over 30 lbs by weight lifting, eating and using the right nutritional supplements. Here you will find honest supplement reviews, weight-gaining tips, workout routines, free PDFs and the best hardgainer workout programs on the internet.
No Nonsense Muscle Building
Your 6 Pack Quest
- Quick Review: Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- All Vince del Monte programs 50% until Midnight Wednesday
- I’m Taking the Challenge
- Lots of updates on the way!
- How to Cycle Creatine
Muscle Gaining Secrets
Help keep my website running! Any amount is appreciated, thanks!