Weight gainer protein powders are perfect for hardgainers. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you’re wasting your time by drinking any type of protein shake other than a weight gainer. You already know you have a difficult time gaining weight, so why not make it easier on yourself?
Weight gainers have come a long whey (get it?) in recent years. They used to be chocked full of sugars and were basically empty calories. Not anymore. Here are some of the benefits of the top 5 best weight gainers listed below.
Benefits of weight gainers
- Packed with healthy calories
- Packed with high-quality whey protein
- Complex carbohydrates to replenish glycogen and fuel your workouts
- Contain vitamins and essential minerals
- Contain L-Glutamine to help rebuild muscle
- Contain BCAAs (Brainch Chain Amino Acids)
- Low in sugar
- Low in fat
Stimulant X by Athletic Xtreme is a weight training and fat loss supplement that promises:
- 8 hours of feel-good energy
- Xtreme fat loss
- Appetite suppression
Read more »
Serious Mass by Optimum is a weight gaining protein powder specially formulated for us hardgainers. After doing a bunch of research on which is the best weight gainer, I decided to buy Serious Mass. First, the facts:
- 1,250 calories per serving in water; 1,630 calories when made with low fat milk.
- 50 Grams of protein from a combination of faster and slower digesting sources including Whey, casein, and Egg.
- 250-plus grams of carbohydrates to support fueling of intense workouts and aid in the replenishment of glycogen stores – with no added sugar.
- Enhanced with Creatine, L-glutamine & Glutamine Peptides, Choline, Inositol, PABA, and MCTs.
- 25 Vitamins & Essential Minerals with an emphasis on B-vitamins and Antioxidants.
If you have ever shopped at GNC or Bodybuilding.com, you may have come across a protein powder containing glutamine, or perhaps glutamine powder sold alone or as or capsules. But what is it, and what are the benefits of glutamine?
What is glutamine?
Glutamine is an amino acid. It is one of the twenty amino acids that make up our standard genetic code. It is not an essential amino acid. It is, however, the most abundant free amino acid in the human blood.
Being the most abundant free amino acid, glutamine is quite busy. It’s primary role is acting as a substrate (a substance acted on by an enzyme) for DNA replication, during which two identical DNA molecules are produced from a single double-stranded DNA molecule. That’s all good and well, but what does it mean to you, the hardgainer looking to recover from an exhausting workout.
Like any amino acid, glutamine is involved in protein synthesis. After your workout your muscles are damaged. They need to be rebuilt, and this is where you reap the benefits of glutamine. Glutamine helps minimize the breakdown of muscle tissue so that more muscle gain be continously built. This is essential, because if you attempt to work out, say, the next day, and your muscles aren’t fully recovered, you won’t be able to make the same gains.
Read more »
Just when I was only about 6 months from putting together something like this, Bodybuilding.com beat me to the punch.
This easy-to-read .pdf contains all sorts of great information, such as:
- The different forms of protein and what they do: whey, cassein, egg, milk, soy, and blended
- How to make sense of labels
- Which protein is best to drink at certain times of the day
- A chart comparing popular proteins
Before I was aware of all the money I could be saving by shopping at Bodybuilding.com, I bought almost all of my protein, creatine, and other supplements at GNC. The power of the Gold Card was burning a hole in my pocket. (Ed. Note: You should never have to prepay for a card to get “deals”).
So earlier this year I walked into a GNC and bought a discounted 3 lb. tub of Nitro Core 24, and then got a second one half off. Here are the facts:
- 24 Grams Of Premium Blended Protein Per Scoop
- 200 calories per serving (1 scoop)
- 10 Distinct Protein Sources Provide Sustained-Release Action For A.M./P.M. Coverage
- 5 Grams Of Dietary Fiber To Help Keep You Full Longer
- Lipid Blend Supplies 4 Grams Of Omega 3,6 And 9 Fatty Acids Plus MCT’s
- Enzyme Fortified For Easier Digestion And Absorption
See that guy to the left? Thats me, Xander. I created this website to share how I gained over 30 lbs by weight lifting, eating and using the right nutritional supplements. Here you will find honest supplement reviews, weight-gaining tips, workout routines, free PDFs and the best hardgainer workout programs on the internet.
No Nonsense Muscle Building
Your 6 Pack Quest
- Quick Review: Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- All Vince del Monte programs 50% until Midnight Wednesday
- I’m Taking the Challenge
- Lots of updates on the way!
- How to Cycle Creatine
Muscle Gaining Secrets
Help keep my website running! Any amount is appreciated, thanks!